About New York City
About Chef GarcesSince opening Amada in Philadelphia in 2005, Chef Jose Garces has emerged as an enormous talent and as one of the nation’s most gifted chefs and restaurateurs. Today, he is the owner and operator of more than a dozen restaurants across the country a thriving events division and 40-acre Luna Farm. He is a 2009 winner of the James Beard Foundation’s “Best Chef Mid-Atlantic” award and one of only a few chefs in the country to hold the coveted title Iron Chef. Chef Garces is also the author of two cookbooks, The Latin Road Home (Lake Isla Press, October 2012) and Latin Evolution (Lake Isle Press, Fall 2008).
In The News
- A Chef Returns to New York: Jose Garces brings Amada, a tapas restaurant inspired by family, to N.Y.‘s Brookfield Place - Wall Street Journal
- First Look: Jose Garces ’ Amada Opens in Battery Park - Zagat Blog
- Jose Garces Opens Amada on Familiar Turf Downtown - The New York Times
Garces Group Events
Great news! Order your favorite dishes and explore new ones for our kitchen. We offer delivery via Caviar throughout New York.
Sundays are for Paella!
Every Sunday, enjoy one of our traditional dishes, Paella Vallenciana along with Ensalada Verde, Pan con Tomate , and Datiles con Almendras for $35 per person. Make it a family affair! Kids 10 and under can enjoy these favorite dishes for just $10.
Cider Week NYC
From the orchard to the glass— Come celebrate New York City Cider Week at Amada where we will honor our rich heritage with sparkling cider from Spain as well as our beloved NYC with cider from the area! The festivities last all week long: October 20th — October 29th.
About Amada New York City
- Neighborhood Battery Park
- Food Authentic Andalusian Tapas
- Wine & Spirits Full bar, with an extensive Spanish wine list
- Good For Couples, Business Lunches, Groups, Special Occasions
- Private Events? Yes! Find out more
Plan your next event at Amada NYC
Amada NYC has a variety of private and semi-private spaces perfect for your next event.